Advice and guidelines for patients attending Complete Dental
The whole team at Complete Dental are working hard to ensure that your visit to the dental practice will be a pleasant, effective, and most importantly a safe experience.
With the COVID19 pandemic it has been necessary to implement additional measures to ensure that we are offering you the latest in safe dental environment. The risk of virus particle contamination is managed carefully in all areas of our clinic.
Please look at the following Complete Dental guidance to ensure your safety during your visit:
- An updated Medical History form will be e-mailed to you (posted to patients without e-mail). This form must be completed and returned before an appointment can be scheduled.
- If, on the day of your appointment, you are unwell for any reason, please phone and cancel your appointment.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID 19 please stay at home and follow NHS guidance.
- The entrance door will be locked, and you will need to ring the bell to announce your arrival. Please be punctual, the waiting room will be out of bounds.
- Please do not arrive “hot and bothered” from running, cycling etc, as your temperature will be taken upon entering the premises. (Infrared thermometer) If you are feverish we will ask you to rebook your appointment for two weeks’ time.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment. Parents of small children and carers may attend, however, please keep siblings and other family and friends out of the building.
- On a bad weather day we will operate a socially distanced sitting room.
- Toilet facilities are very high risk area for COVID-19 transmission, therefore, may only be used in emergencies.
- On entry, you will need to apply hand sanitiser (at reception).
- Receptionists will be behind a screen to protect their work environment for everybody’s safety.
- Many of us looking after you will be wearing various levels of PPE but we are all likely to be wearing a mask as we greet you. This is because we will be closer than 2M.
- After hand sanitisation, you will be asked to go straight to the treatment room.
- After our initial discussion you will be asked to use a mouthwash for 1 minute. We will give you a big tissue to hold throughout the appointment. This is for you to be ready to catch a sneeze or a cough with the big tissue helping keep the surgery environment clean.
- At the end of your procedure you can have the usual mouthwash but with the minimum of splutter please.
- We will ask you to go to reception to make another appointment, if required.
- Payment by Credit or Debit card only please. Cheques and cash introduce extra levels of contamination risk that we are keen to avoid.
- Treatment plans will be e-mailed or posted to you. Any discussions of the treatment plan, if necessary, will be done by telephone.
- Due to additional PPE requirements, and extended appointment time as required by the General Dental Council, additional cost will be incurred. This additional cost will be discussed with you, prior to your appointment and will be included in your treatment plan.
Thank you for working with us, as we manage your dental health in these tricky times.